Can I live in Thailand if I marry a Thai?
This is a long term Thai visa issued to a foreign national who is married to a Thai and meets the other requirements of the immigration bureau. The Thai marriage visa holder is entitled permission to stay for a full year in Thailand without the need to exit the country.
Can a Thai marry a foreigner?
In Thailand it is legal for foreigners to marry either Thai citizens or other foreign nationals. … Thailand Marriage can be performed at a local district office known as an ‘amphur’ or ‘khet’. In order for foreigners to get married in Thailand they must have clearance from their embassy.
Can foreigners become Thai citizens?
Many foreigners are eligible to be naturalised and become Thai citizens and with certain exceptions (such has holding office in the Senate or House of Representatives and voting ability until five years after citizenship is granted) enjoy the same rights, benefits and obligations as a person born Thai.
Are marriages in Thailand legal?
The Marriage Law in Thailand
Only such a registered marriage is recognized as legal and valid and thus creates or entitles the parties to the rights, duties, and responsibilities as a validly married couple under the Thai family law.
How do I marry a Thai woman in Thailand?
Requirements for Thai Nationals:
- Identification Cards of both parties.
- The House Registration Certificates of both parties.
- Person filing has previously registered marriage – If divorced, proof of divorce must be shown; in the event of spousal death (the applicant is a widow or widower) proof must accompany application.
How much does it cost to marry in Thailand?
As a guide, the average wedding in Thailand costs between USD $1,500-2,500.
Who can marry in Thailand?
Couples who are wishing to marry should have the following eligibility to get married in Thailand:
- Either of them should not be less than 17 years of age or should be in marriageable age in accordance to the law enforced from your home country. …
- Either of them should not be an insane person or adjudged incompetent.
Can a Filipino get married in Thailand?
A Filipino who wish to get married to a Thai or a foreigner must present the CLCCM and its Thai translation, both certified by the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs, to the Thai District Office where the Filipino intends to get married.