How do you fix bland Thai curry?
Help with a bland Thai green curry
- left out the cilantro because I am genetically predisposed to dislike the taste.
- added 1 Tbsp dry basil to the paste instead of fresh basil at the end.
- substituted an equal amount of soy sauce for the fish sauce and shrimp paste.
Why does my Thai green curry taste bland?
If the curry is bland, the most probable reason is the flavor infusing ingredients are added in lesser quantities than needed. The main ingredients should be things like ginger, garlic, tomatoes, chillies and various others.
How do you spice up bland Thai food?
5 Thai Food Spices That Make Every Dish Excellent
- Red and Green Chilli. Chilli can make food go from bland to fantastic. …
- Turmeric. Turmeric is one of the most wonderful and flavorful Thai food spices that you’ll find in Thai curries and chicken dishes. …
- Cumin. …
- Cinnamon. …
How can I make my curry more flavorful?
There are so many things you can do to improve this; in no particular order:
- Use chicken thighs instead of breasts for more flavour. …
- Use ghee or butter to make the dish fuller in flavour.
- Use yogurt instead of heavy cream. …
- Use lemon or lime juice. …
- Add sugar. …
- Add whole peppercorns while cooking. …
- Garam masala.
How do I make Thai green curry more flavor?
10 tips for the perfect Thai curry:
- Homemade paste for the best taste.
- Fresh Thai ingredients for vibrancy.
- Toast the spices to wake them up.
- Turmeric for colour and seasoning.
- Pound the paste to release its flavour.
- Fry the paste in coconut oil.
- Caramel adds sweetness and depth.
- Choose your protein.