What qualifications do I need to teach English in Thailand?
To qualify for most teaching jobs in Thailand you will need:
- A certified degree (in any field) and transcripts from a 4-year university.
- To be a native speaker of English (which the Thai government defines as those holding a passport from the USA, Canada, the UK, Ireland, Australia, or New Zealand)
How much do English teachers make in Thailand?
An ESL teacher salary in Thailand is typically between 30-40,000 Thai Baht per month (around $1,000), however some schools may start lower.
Are English teachers in demand in Thailand?
The demand for foreign English teachers in Thailand is high. In big cities like Bangkok, Chiang Mai and Phuket, parents are willing to pay to get their children into classrooms led by foreign English teachers.
Can I teach English in Thailand without a degree?
The short answer is yes, you can teach in Thailand without a degree. Over the years I have met numerous teachers, many who have been teaching for 10, 15 and even 20 years in Thailand without a degree. And they have no trouble staying employed.
Is 30000 baht enough to live?
You can still get by on 30,000 baht a month if you cook your own food and don’t drink often. If you want to live a somewhat comfortable life there, your average cost of living in Phuket should be around 65,000 baht a month.
How do I start teaching in Thailand?
First and foremost, to be a teacher in Thailand you need:
- A four-year diploma in any major (bachelor’s degree or higher)
- To be a native English speaker (NES) OR a non-native English speaker (NNES) with a TOEIC score of 600+ or IELTS score of 5+
- To pass a police background check in your home country.
Can I teach in Thailand with TEFL?
To teach English in Thailand, most teachers will require native proficiency and a bachelor’s degree. TEFL certification is not always required. The average salary for teaching in Thailand is $800 – $3,500 per month.
How much do TEFL teachers get paid in Thailand?
If you have experience teaching and a TEFL certification, teaching at a local bilingual school is a great way to earn a high salary in Thailand. Teachers at private bilingual schools typically earn between $1,700 and $2,500 per month. In addition to a great salary, these jobs also have better benefits.
Which country is best to teach English?
The Best Countries To Teach English Abroad
- South Korea. South Korea has one of the largest English teaching markets in the world. …
- Japan. Japan has one of the longest traditions when it comes to hiring English teachers. …
- China. China’s English teaching market is also flourishing. …
- Thailand. …
- Czech Republic. …
- Saudi Arabia. …
How do I become an international school teacher in Thailand?
To teach English in Thailand, the minimum requirements are; you to be a native speaker, hold a TEFL certificate from a reputable provider, and have a college degree. Schools may prefer previous experience, but it’s not often a requirement.
Should I teach English in Thailand?
Teaching in Thailand gives you experience in a good job market, where there is plenty of demand for your skill set. Being able to teach students from all different backgrounds and experiences set you up for success in future career goals, whether as a teacher or not.
Can I teach English abroad without a degree?
Do I need a degree to teach English abroad? The short answer is no. … If you’re looking at teaching English abroad without a degree, a teaching English as a foreign language (TEFL) qualification or volunteering in a school is a great way to build your experience.
How do I get a Thai teaching license?
Requirements for the Standard Teaching License in Thailand
- Have continuing experience in teaching of not less than 1 year.
- Have a Thai work permit.
- Have evidence showing that an applicant has been permitted to stay in Thailand.
- Not possess any of the prohibited characteristics pursuant to section 44 of the Teachers and.
What jobs can foreigners get in Thailand?
12 Great Jobs for Foreigners in Thailand
- Teaching. …
- Mobile / Web Developer or Marketing Expert. …
- Work Remotely for an Online Business. …
- Real Estate Agent / Manager. …
- Diving Instructor. …
- Freelance Writer. …
- Sell a Service on Fiverr. …
- Work for a Multinational Company.
How do you get certified to teach English as a foreign language?
8 Steps to Getting TEFL Certified
- Decide if you’re “in” or not. …
- Review your qualifications. …
- Get educated on what getting TEFL certified means. …
- Start shopping for TEFL certification courses. …
- Talk to at least 3-5 different TEFL certification providers. …
- Do your last minute sleuthing, then pick a TEFL program and apply.