What should I avoid in Bangkok?
10 Things NOT to Do in Bangkok
- Don’t… get a taxi that’s already parked.
- Don’t… forget to stand up during the King’s Anthem.
- Don’t… sit next to a monk (if you’re female)
- Don’t… buy rounds in a nightclub, buy a bottle!
- Don’t… carry your passport around.
- Don’t… wear shorts or a skirt to the temple.
- Don’t… …
- Don’t …
Is Bangkok safe to walk around at night?
Re: Is it safe to walk around Bangkok at night? Yes safe.
Is Sukhumvit safe?
Sukhumvit. One of Bangkok’s liveliest areas for nightlife, Sukhumvit is a long road with many smaller streets branching off. … The higher-numbered streets are usually considered to be the safest, though they have the inconvenience of being farther out of the city centre.
What do you do with Thong Lor?
The Best Things to Do and See in Thonglor, Bangkok
- Paintbar Bangkok. School. …
- Urban Playground Climbing. Sports Center. …
- The COMMONS. Shopping Mall. …
- Game Over Lounge. Bar, Cafe, Restaurant, Thai, American. …
- Divine Yoga. Yoga Studio. …
- Let’s Relax Onsen and Spa. Spa, Massage Parlour. …
- Dasa Book Cafe. Bookstore, Shop. …
- Benjakitti Park. Park.
Is Bangkok safe for female tourists?
Solo female travelers should feel safe touring the city. It’s very easy to meet other travelers, especially female ones, in Bangkok. Some precautions and planning are in order, though: Always have a downloaded map and translation app so you can find your way home or ask for help if you need it.
Is Bangkok red light district safe?
Staying Safe in the Red Light District in Bangkok
In general, the bars and clubs in Bangkok’s Red Light District are friendly and safe and you’re unlikely to run into any trouble. … While some bars may lure you in with the promise of a free ping-pong show with just one drink, this is highly unlikely to happen.
What month should you avoid Thailand?
When to avoid traveling in Thailand
Chiang Mai: If possible, avoid visiting from mid-February through early April. This is “burning season” and air quality can be quite bad. Similan Islands: The National Marine Park is closed between the months of November through March.
Is Bangkok English friendly?
As English is widely spoken in Bangkok, for English speaking tourists, it is relatively easy to get around the city. Thai people will speak English in all major tourist attractions. Shopping at most shopping malls and convenience stores in Bangkok will be no problem at all.
Is Bangkok safe for expats?
Bangkok is a very safe city to live in as a foreigner and incredibly affordable. Most foreigners come to Thailand to work as teachers because, to stay long-term, you either need to have a work permit or be married to a local to have a marriage visa.