Is Tondo Manila safe?
Crime. Tondo has developed a reputation for criminality and poverty. In 2010, Manila records state that Tondo has the highest criminal rate in the whole city with the most common crime being pick pocketing.
Who is the king of Tondo?
Lakandula or Lakan Dula, was the regnal name of the Lakan (king or paramount ruler) of the pre-colonial Philippine Kingdom of Tondo when the Spaniards first conquered the lands of the Pasig River delta in the 1570s.
What should I avoid in the Philippines?
A: When traveling to the Philippines, here are some of the things you should avoid:
- Don’t insult the country or its people.
- Don’t disrespect your elders.
- Don’t use first names to address someone older.
- Don’t show much of your valuable things in public.
- Don’t get offended too easily.
- Don’t go without prior research.