Is tobacco legal in Singapore?
The law prohibits the sale of tobacco products via vending machines and the internet. The law also prohibits the sale of single cigarettes, small packets of cigarettes, smokeless tobacco and waterpipe tobacco. The sale of tobacco products is prohibited to persons under the age of 21.
Can I import tobacco to Singapore?
Prohibited and Controlled Goods
Prohibited items are not allowed to be imported into Singapore. These include: Chewing gum (except dental and medicated gum) Chewing tobacco and imitation tobacco products (for example, electronic cigarettes)
Is it illegal to smoke at home in Singapore?
Smoking is not allowed in most indoor locations in Singapore. However, certain premises have designated areas for smoking. Penalty: Smokers are liable to a composition sum of $200 if caught smoking in prohibited places, or up to $1,000 if convicted in court.
How do I import tobacco into Singapore?
The following documents are required:
- Copy of your NRIC.
- Copy of your warehouse and office tenancy agreement.
- Letter of authorisation from the manufacturer of the tobacco product, if you are applying for an import and wholesale licence.
- GIRO (application form227 KB) for annual licence fees.
What items Cannot be sent to Singapore?
Singapore Prohibited and Restricted Items
- Animal skins.
- Books: hardback/paperback non-comm.
- Bunker oil sample (for analysis)
- Chewing gum (oral dental and medicated gum accepted)
- Cigarette lighters of pistol or revolver shape.
- Coal & firewood.
- Cologne and Perfume, Haz and Non-Haz.
- Communications equipment.
What things are banned in Singapore?
Things That Are Banned in Singapore
- Chewing gum.
- Recreational fireworks/firecrackers.
- Public nudity (even at home)
- Owning or trading exotic animals.
- Taking durian on public transportation.
- Gathering in groups of more than three people.
Can you smoke on your balcony in Singapore?
Since balconies fall under private property, which are included in the NEA’s list of designated smoking areas, smokers as of 2020, are free to smoke on their private balconies.
Can I smoke in my house HDB?
You Can Smoke Inside Your HDB Home, but Not Outside of It
This is because areas such as common corridors, stairwells, staircase landings and void decks are all listed as non-smoking areas under the Smoking (Prohibition in Certain Places) Act, which is administered by the National Environment Agency (NEA).