How can I correct my misspelled name on birth certificate Philippines?
The misspelled last name in the birth certificate should be corrected by filing a petition for correction of clerical error under the provisions of Republic Act 9048.
How do I fix typo error on my birth certificate?
- Go to the Local Civil Registrar and verify that a Correction of Clerical Entry is what you need to file. …
- Fill up the Supplemental report and attach all your documents.
- Pay the fee.
- Submit the receipt.
- Your Local Civil Registrar will need to process your report, which you will need to pick up after a few days.
How much is it to change your name on PSA?
Payment of one thousand Pesos (P1,000.00) as filing fee. For petitions filed abroad a fee of $50.00 or equivalent value in local currency shall be collected; Other documents which may be required by the concerned civil registrar.
Can I change the spelling of my surname?
Visit your local county clerk’s office or court and obtain an application form to petition for a name change. … Typically, you can change your name, or the spelling of your name, to whatever you desire. However, some exceptions exist. For example, you can’t change your name to escape paying your debts or avoid arrest.
What is Republic 10172?
10172 (An Act Further Authorizing the City or Municipal Civil Registrar or the Consul General to Correct Clerical or Typographical Errors in the Day and Month in the Date of Birth or Sex of a Person Appearing in the Civil Register Without Need of a Judicial Order, Amending for this Purpose Act Numbered Ninety Forty- …
How much does it cost to change the spelling of your name?
To make it official, you’ll need a court order legally changing your name. The procedure for getting that order depends on the state and county where you live—and the cost will range from $150 to $436.
How long is the process of correction of birth certificate?
It takes 1-3 months for the Central Civil Registrar to process this. It is advisable to follow up.
How do you correct errors on a legal document?
Proper Error Correction Procedure
- Draw line through entry (thin pen line). Make sure that the inaccurate information is still legible.
- Initial and date the entry.
- State the reason for the error (i.e. in the margin or above the note if room).
- Document the correct information.
How do I correct the spelling of all documents?
You have to make a gazette publication with the proposed name and existing name in the prescribed format. For publication in Gazette, one has to comply with certain conditions like, publication in news paper, affidavit, submission of identity card etc.
How do I change the spelling of my name in a document?
Steps involved in changing your name
- DOCUMENTS REQUIRED. A checklist of documents will be provided to record your details.
- DRAFTING. …
- DISPATCHING DOCUMENTS. …
- NEWSPAPER PUBLICATION. …
- APPLICATION FOR PUBLICATION IN AN OFFICIAL GAZETTE. …
- PUBLICATION IN AN OFFICIAL GAZETTE. …
- DISPATCH OF THE OFFICIAL GAZETTE.