Who are the trading partner of the Philippines?
Philippines trade balance, exports and imports by country
In 2017, Philippines major trading partner countries for exports were Japan, United States, Hong Kong, China, China and Korea, Rep. and for imports they were China, Japan, Korea, Rep., United States and Thailand.
What is the biggest export of Philippines?
Exports in Philippines account for nearly a third of GDP. Major exports are: electronic products (42 percent), other manufactures (10 percent) and woodcrafts and furniture (6 percent). Philippines is also the world’s largest producer of coconut, pineapple and abaca.
Who is the largest trading partner?
List of the largest trading partners of the United States
What is Philippines known for trading?
The Philippines is a leading exporter of electronic products including processors, chips and hard drives as well as of agricultural products, including coconut, pineapple and abaca. Major export partners are Japan, the United States and China.
What does the US trade with the Philippines?
Key U.S. exports to the Philippines are agriculture goods, machinery, cereals, raw and semi-processed materials for the manufacture of semiconductors, electronics, and transport equipment. The two countries have a bilateral Trade and Investment Framework Agreement, signed in 1989, and a tax treaty.
What are the 10 top imports of the Philippines?
- Electrical machinery, equipment: US$27 billion (23.9% of total imports)
- Mineral fuels including oil: $13.6 billion (12%)
- Machinery including computers: $12.5 billion (11.1%)
- Vehicles: $8.5 billion (7.5%)
- Iron, steel: $3.9 billion (3.5%)
- Plastics, plastic articles: $3.7 billion (3.3%)
- Cereals: $2.9 billion (2.6%)
What are the Philippines major imports?
The top import categories (2-digit HS) in 2020 were: electrical machinery ($4.4 billion), machinery ($2.8 billion), optical and medical instruments ($367 million), leather products ($359 million), and animal or vegetable fats and oils (coconut oil) ($348 million).
What are the chief main imports of the Philippines?
Philippines major imports are: electronic products (25 percent), mineral fuels (21 percent) and transport equipment (10 percent). Philippines’s main import partners are: China (13 percent), the United States (11 percent), Japan (8 percent) and Taiwan (8 percent).
Which country does Philippines trade with the most?
- Japan: US$9.9 billion (15.5% of total Filipino exports)
- United States: $9.7 billion (15.2%)
- China: $9.6 billion (15.1%)
- Hong Kong: $9.1 billion (14.2%)
- Singapore: $3.8 billion (5.9%)
- Thailand: $2.9 billion (4.5%)
- South Korea: $2.5 billion (4%)
- Germany: $2.4 billion (3.7%)
Is Philippines an OECD country?
The country will be removed from the list of “harmful tax regimes” by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) starting next year, the DoF said. …