Do I need an international driver’s license to drive in Thailand?
If you are a tourist, the answer is yes. You do need to have an International Driving Permit to drive in Thailand legally. A foreign driver’s license is not accepted in Thailand. If you are a Thai resident, you should have a Thai Driver’s License.
Can foreigner drive in Thailand?
If you are not a resident (you are on a tourist visa or exemption of visa), you need an international driving permit (IDP) to be able to drive in Thailand. An international driving permit (IDP) can be obtained in your home country. …
Can a tourist get a driver’s license in Thailand?
Can I get a Thai driving license on a Tourist Visa? The answer is yes. Regardless of what you read in forums, you can, and it is allowed. I did it when I was a tourist, and I asked in person at the Department of Land Transport.
What driving Licence do I need in Thailand?
If you would like to drive, either vehicle or motorcycle, while visiting Thailand, you are required by law to hold an international driving license. When asked for, you need to show your international driving license along with your passport and national driving license.
How can a foreigner get a driver’s license in Thailand?
Foreigners’ Guide to Obtaining A Thailand Driving License
- Step 1 – Check you have the required documents.
- Step 2 – Send your Thai driving license application form.
- Step 3 – Taking your Thai driving license test.
- Step 4 – Getting your actual Thai driving License.
How can I legally drive in Thailand?
To drive a car in Thailand, you must be 18. If you plan to rent a car, you’ll need to be at least 21, though the minimum age varies by company; you will also need to have had a driver’s license for a minimum of a year and carry your passport with you.
How much is a Thai driving Licence?
The entire fee for taking the test and receiving a Thai driving license is just 305 THB for a two-year temporary license and 605 THB for a five-year license. Embassies usually charge a fee of between 300 and 500 THB for certifying the applicant’s letter of address in Thailand.
How do I get a Thai driver’s license?
- CHECK THE DOCUMENTS.
- PRINT THE APPLICATION FORM.
- TAKE ONLY A PHYSICAL TEST. TAKE A TRAINING 1 HOURS. TAKE A PHYSICAL TEST. TAKE A THEORY TEST. TAKE A PRACTICAL TEST.
- PAY THE FEE / TAKE A PHOTO AND PRINT DRIVING LICENCE. (FEE 505 BAHT) ADDITIONAL (CHANGE NAME OR ADDRESS CHARGE 50 BAHT)
How do I get a Thai driving Licence in Pattaya?
Documents which you will need to take:
- Your passport and copies of the photo page and your visa stamp.
- Your work permit if you have one and photocopies of every used page in your work permit.
- If you don’t have a work permit you will need a residence certificate from immigration.
- Your old driving licence.
How can a non US citizen get a driver’s license?
How to Apply for a US Driving License
- Step 1: Get Your Documents Ready. Before you go to the local branch of Department of Motor Vehicles, make sure you have all the right documents on you. …
- Step 2: Pay Your Fees. …
- Step 3: Take Your Tests. …
- Step 4: Get Your Vision Tested. …
- Step 5: Get Your License.